Budapest Card – The Official Tourist City Card of Budapest
- unlimited travel on public transport free of charge
- more than 100 services
- free or discounted entry to more than 60 museums and to special sights
- sightseeing tours with extra reductions
- reduced price tickets for cultural and folklore programmes
- discounts in restaurants and in spas
- the card is valid for one adult and one child up to 6 years
The card is a package of services and discounts for visitors to the city of Budapest. The goal of the Budapest Card is to give visitors a selection of discount services from museums and spas to dining.
Buying a card lets you have unlimited public transport within the city and free entry to a thermal spa, which are some of the most popular attractions in Budapest.
Besides these free services, the card offers a wide variety of gastronomy and cultural offers at a discount price.
There are three different Budapest Cards:
4500 HUF for the Card valid for 24 hour
7500 HUF for the Card valid for 48 hour
8900 HUF for the Card valid for 72 hour
Each card offer exactly the same services and discounts, the only difference is the period of time for which they are valid.
Services available at discount price:
- Unlimited public transport while the card is valid!
- One time free entry for the following museums:
- Museum of Fine Arts
- Budapest Museum of History
- Aquincum Museum
- Kiscelli Museum
- Vasarely Museum
- Hungarian National Gallery
- Hungarian National Museum
- One time entry to the Szt. Lukács Thermal Bath and Pool
- 2 free walking English language, guided walking tours (one in Buda, one in Pest)
• everyday at 10:30 at the Buda Castle area, starting at the Trinity Statue
• everyday at 14:00 at the Pest area, starting at Deák Ferenc Square, in front of the Tourist Information (Sütő Street)
• Every tour is about 2 hours
- 10-50% discount from over 100 establishments (baths, attractions, churches, museums, restaurants, city tours, boat tours, etc.)
Each Card is valid for an adult and a child of up to 6 years traveling with them for 24, 48 or 72 hours.
To the card belongs publication introduces the use of the Budapest Card and the servicing enterprises. (with photo, address, opening hours, entrance fees and discounts) in Hungarian, English, German and Italian languages.
The card is valid from the date and hour when it is signed.
In case of purchase we will deliver your card to your hotel, and it will wait for you at the reception until your arrival.
In the end you will feel richer because of your numerous new experiences, and savings with the Budapest Card! According to the current laws and orders, public transportation can be used freely, without any ticket in Budapest for every EU citizen above the age of 65.
The 2013 Budapest Card comes with an NFC system, which means the Card can be activated by swiping it at a terminal. Based on card activity, the issuers will be able to research customer activity, seeing which places and services are frequented. Thanks to this technology will enable the official tourism office of Budapest to get to know visitors a little better.
Budapest Card help-line: +3630/462-82-67
Free date Gift Voucher
Give the gift of an unforgettable experience!
We give you the opportunity to surprise your loved ones with a wonderful experience by purchasing a free date ticket for them to use whenever they like.
It gets harder and harder to smile when we unwrap the umpteenth pair of socks or some other similarly unimaginative gift. Holidays, birthdays and anniversaries shouldn't be about hastily purchasing a predictable gift for our friends and family. In the past few decades studies have suggested that the joy one feels when receiving material presents, even if they are the long desired smart phone or a super expensive pair of designer shoes, doesn't last very long, especially when compared to experience gifts.
We offer you the opportunity to give the gift of our program that the recipient may enjoy at a time of his or her choosing within in a year. We request that ticket holders let us know a short time beforehand when we can expect them!
Coordinates: 47° 30.0199' N, 019° 2.943' E
“Well worth purchasing.”
Reviewed by Neil from Eastbourne, United Kingdom on December 23rd, 2012
Great card to have to enable you to have a hassle free tour of the city. It also intitles you to many discounts to attractions and restaurants . The card was waiting for me on arrival at my hotel which was brilliant as it saved time collecting it from the tour company.
“Walking tours of Budapest”
Reviewed by Jayne from Flitwick, United Kingdom on November 12th, 2012
I thought the walking tour guide was excellent very knowledgeable and her English was very good. This enabled us to see the sights we should not miss. The guide also pointed us in the direction of some good traditional restaurants reasonably priced. In all we were very impressed.